Hello from Devon, UK

Jussi

Hello from Devon, UK

Post by Jussi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello,

I'm an enthusiastic amateur guitarist in Devon, spent about 10 years on steel strings playing mostly jazz and I'm about a year and half into learning the nylon string. I've been taking lessons with a wonderful musician, though it's quite difficult to keep up regular lessons due to schedule / cost. I figure I can supplement with some extra insight on here when I can't get to my teacher.

I enjoy all kinds of music, I especially like the textures and confluence of melodies one can achieve with classical guitar and technique, love getting lost in Bach or Dowland but I'm also very drawn to more modern sounds and I'm excited to discover all the music I've yet to come across.

I write a little and spend a lot of time improvising, I think somewhere in my subconscious mind I'm hoping this site might inspire me to formalise a few ideas and develop some complete compositions (I tend to get half way into writing things and tail off a bit).

Look forward to hearing from some fellow enthusiasts!

Jussi

oski79

Re: Hello from Devon, UK

Post by oski79 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, Jussi!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Jussi

Post by Jussi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am

Hi oski79,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the wealth of information!

Jussi

StGeorge

Post by StGeorge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:50 am

Hello Jussi, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find it has a lot to offer. 8)
StGeorge, Slayer of Dragons.

Return to “Introduce yourself”