Greetings from Ohio

davidc

Greetings from Ohio

Post by davidc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello.I started out on the guitar at the age of nine,but started taking Classical Guitar Lessons at 13 yrs. I have been fortunate to take lessons at the College Conservatory of Music in Cincinnati,Ohio.I earned a Bachelors in Music from Morehead State University in Morehead,Kentucky in 1988.Since that time,I have been teaching guitar in all styles.I have taught classical and finger style to every one of my students.It was always really important to teach everyone about reading music,not tablature.This may seem old school,but it worked better for everyone when they started out learning.I have had students who went on to successful careers in the music industry,and many are still at it playing out on the weekends in coffee bars,or a restaurant that supports local talent.I am very active playing theatre orchestras in Ohio,playing Acoustic and Electric along w/ banjo and mandolin.My health during the last 5 years has slowed me down due to cancer,but I am moving toward remission once again.Not fun,but I stay focused on the positive.I hope I can find something of interest to contribute to this forum.Thanks. : :merci:

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: Greetings from Ohio

Post by Vito Simplicio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello David,

Welcome!
davidc wrote:I hope I can find something of interest to contribute to this forum.Thanks. : :merci:
With your rich history playing the CG, there's no doubt that your contribution to this forum will be appreciated.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so please consider adding your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Welcome, Davidc
I consider Cinti my musical home. At the ripe old age of 68, some of my fondest CG memories are rooted in the fantastic summer workshops at CCM.
May your health continue to improve, so you are enabled to continue doing what you love!

CathyCate

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”