Hello from the East Coast, USA

Gem

Hello from the East Coast, USA

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:38 am

Greetings!

I have a crazy passion for different styles of guitar music. I'm here to learn about playing, because I'm going to start on classical guitar.

My musical background is in other instruments. I played viola and piano in my childhood. I play drums now.

I miss expressing myself more through instruments. Been dreaming of doing this for years, so here I am.

For advice on buying my guitar, should I post that in the Public Space, or run a search?

Thanks for this great community!

oski79

Re: Hello from the East Coast, USA

Post by oski79 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 am

Welcome to Delcamp, Gem!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Jack Douglas

Re: Hello from the East Coast, USA

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Gem wrote:Greetings!

I have a crazy passion for different styles of guitar music. I'm here to learn about playing, because I'm going to start on classical guitar.

My musical background is in other instruments. I played viola and piano in my childhood. I play drums now.

I miss expressing myself more through instruments. Been dreaming of doing this for years, so here I am.

For advice on buying my guitar, should I post that in the Public Space, or run a search?

Thanks for this great community!
Welcome. There are a number of excellent classical dealers located on the east coast of both new and used instruments. If you'll post your location I'm sure someone can suggest a few choices.

Unlike the well known steel strings like Martin and Taylor as examples there are many possibilities for classical. Read a lot and do your research on here or elsewhere and then when you go to one of the dealers you'll be better informed.

Enjoy!
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Introduce yourself”