Greetings from the Northwestern US

Jsglenn

Greetings from the Northwestern US

Postby Jsglenn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:04 am

Hi All,

I look forward to learning more about the forum and participating with the group. I have tinkered with the guitar for decades, studied more formally in college as part of a music program, but that was 20 years ago. I have just gotten back into it over the past 6 months. I do still remember much of the theory, scales, etc.. but am pretty slow at reading chords in standard notation. I have studied some fingerstyle playing on both steel string and nylon over the past year, but I am getting back into the classical and spanish material that I have had in my book shelf.

I also love Flamenco style playing and recently started working on trying to figure out the Santa Esmerelda version of Don't Let me be Misunderstood -- which seems to be in the harmonic Am scale. :D

Many Regards,
Glenn

oski79

Re: Greetings from the Northwestern US

Postby oski79 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Luuttuaja

Re: Greetings from the Northwestern US

Postby Luuttuaja » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Hello Glenn, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”