Hello from Cardiff, UK

jastew

Hello from Cardiff, UK

Post by jastew » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello I play a Taurus 56 Classical Guitar from Barcelona which I purchased from the Cardiff Spanish Guitar centre years ago in 1971 when in my early 20s. I took lessons from the centre for a few years and practiced avidly. However work pressures eventually prevented me from continuing to play. Since I retired 5 yrs ago, I have taken up playing again. I has been more challenging now that I am much older but I am very fond of playing (re-learning) the music of Tarrega and Bach. The guitar - (probably an apprentice piece ... made in the workshop of) has a lovely tone.
Regards, John Steward

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Cardiff, UK

Post by George Crocket » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello John. Welcome to the forum. Your story is similar to mine, though I never really got off the ground all those years ago. But retirement is a great time to start over. Nowadays the resources available to help compensate somewhat for the effects of age.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

If you have any questions, just ask. And enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:53 pm

Hello John, welcome to the forum!

lycrabyka

Post by lycrabyka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi John Croeso!

Good to see someone relatively local, your story reads a lot like mine, picked up the guitar again in the last few years, unfortunately work is still getting in the way nevertheless I am enjoying it.
Loads of stuff to to work through and discuss on this site, plenty of help from other players everywhere if needed.
Best of luck

John Powell

Return to “Introduce yourself”