Greetings, from beautiful Northfield Minnesota!

Guitardunord

Greetings, from beautiful Northfield Minnesota!

Post by Guitardunord » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:54 pm

I am a classical and flamenco guitarist and collector, (and also play Renaissance lute). I taught middle school music for 38 years, (not looking for sympathy, it's just a fact :D ). I do programs on the evolution of the guitar, where I use 12-15 instruments, starting with my renaissance and baroque lutes and vihuela, (reproductions), and then continuing with my antiques. My oldest guitars date from 1785 England, and 1835, 1850, and 1900 Spain, to present day classical and flamenco concert guitars. They are incredibly beautiful instruments that were state of the art in their day, and a blast to play! I have also recently gotten very interested in acoustic fingerstyle and ukulele, (people have no concept of what that little instrument can do). Unfortunately, I'm having severe problems with arthritis. A few years ago, I had a CMC Arthoplasty, (rebuilt thumb joint, horrible way to die). Still fighting a great deal of pain, but workable. As I am sure many of you have found, we were not created to make many million extra motions with our hands! However, I am greatly enjoying retirement, playing time, more than I've ever had before! Below is my arsenal of weaponry:

Classical Instruments

1785 English 10 string, (in 6 courses), English Yew, Brazilian Rosewood neck
1835 Lacote French Mirecourt
1855 James Ashborn, (main competitor of CF Martin)
1900 Jose Ramirez I Flamenco, (highly flamed maple)
1926 Jose Ramirez II Flamenco
1983 Jose Ramirez III "1A" Classical
1982 Jose Ramirez III Steel String Dreadnought
1994 Jose Ramirez III Marcel Dadi Electric cutaway
1959 Conde Hermanos Flamenco
1973 Manuel Contreras Flamenco
2001 M.Tezanos-Perez "Maestro" Classical
2013 Kenny Hill Performance (630mm)
2016 Sergei de Jonge (615mm)
1973 William Daum 8 course Renaissance lute
1996 Daniel Larson 10 course Renaissance lute
2011 Kenneth Wryn 11 Course Baroque Archlute
2014 Gyorgy Lorinczi Vihuela, (Renaissance guitar)
2014 Gyorgy Lorinczi Descant Lute, (soprano)

Folk/Acoustic Instruments

1865c. Frettless Banjo
1894-98 SS Stewart Classic Era Banjos, (gut, Alto, Tenor, Piccolo)
1900 Buckbee Soprano Classic Era Banjo
1015c. Orpheum Bass Banjo, (18” pot, Guitar neck)
1915c. Orpheum #3 Special Tenor Banjo
1898 Orme-Howe Manolinetto
1898 Bruno, (Larson Brothers) Neapolitan Mandolin
1900c. Wurlitzer Neapolitan Mandolin, (etched Pearl fingerboard)
1903 Gibson Mandolin, (early A1, Orville Photo label)
1917 Gibson L1 Guitar
1971 Martin D12-35
2000 Thormahlen Dreadnought Vietnamese Rosewood
2006 Kevin Ryan Nightingale Grand Soloist
2013 Laurie Williams "Ancient Kauri"
2014 Kanale'a Ku'uipo Tenor Ukulele
IMG_0369.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guitardunord on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings, from beautiful Northfield Minnesota!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Hello Guitardunord and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 pm

:D Hello Northfield Minnesota Instrument Emporium,
Welcome and Wow!
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Guitardunord

Post by Guitardunord » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank you! I'm looking forward to looking around the site!

Michael.N.

Post by Michael.N. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:08 pm

That's quite a collection. You are missing a baroque cittern (English guittar) though!
Historicalguitars.

instanes

Post by instanes » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:20 pm

I live over by Rochester. Way back in the 70's I took classical guitar lessons from a fellow who lived in Northfield. Wow it has been a while...his name was John Ebinger or Ellinger.....something like that. Sound familiar?

Guitardunord

Post by Guitardunord » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:10 am

Michael.N. wrote:That's quite a collection. You are missing a baroque cittern (English guittar) though!
Thank you! I came very close, one from Fred Oster at Vintage Instruments Online, in Philadelphia. However, it needs a bit of work and I could not find anyone that dared to do it!

amy3000

Post by amy3000 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:04 am

I live in Minneapolis. I'd love to see your program on the evolution of the guitar. Is it something you do regularly? I'm curious what your Sergei de Jonge 615mm is like as I've recently purchased a Hill New World Player 615mm. It's not a de Jonge but it's pretty nice.

Return to “Introduce yourself”