Introduction to Forum from Chris

Chris2484

Introduction to Forum from Chris

Postby Chris2484 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Destiny... chance... kharma..... who knows what it is that creates the path we walk in life? How did I get to this point where I am writing an introduction on a Classic Guitar Forum!

After smoking for 45 years I gave up smoking 12 months ago and to increase my lung capacity and give my lungs some joy after 45 years of hell I decided to teach myself how to play a clarinet which I did and then taught myself how to play a soprano saxaphone because I liked the sound better, both of these instruments I play for no other reason than to increase and maintain my lung capacity.

I have always loved classical guitar and flamenco music, about 6 months ago I had the opportunity to buy a Alhambra Classical Guitar brand new with half the top and one side crushed, I bought it virtually for the cost of the postage. My father was a cabinet maker so I have spent all my life being with timber, restoring antique furniture, French clocks, building things etc. so I thought if I could fix the guitar as a reward for myself I would learn how to play it. I repaired the top and grafted a replacement side into it from another guitar.

So I started on January 1 this year to teach myself how to play..... I love it i will never be some famous guitar player but I will be able to play sufficiently to give myself pleasure.

I work in the Philippines with my son in a sand quarry and have built myself a workshop so that I can spend my days restoring guitars and other similar instruments, I look for those that you would consider beyond hope as my time is my own and i enjoy the challenge of putting something nearly destroyed back together. I do not wish to make guitars there are more than enough brilliant people doing this already but I would like to be able to repair any guitar more along conservation rather than "looks brand new" restoration lines.

So I have joined this forum to listen to your stories, gain more knowledge and hopefully share with you the joys and the mistakes that I make in my workshop in the future.

Chris

Erik Zurcher

Re: Introduction to Forum from Chris

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello Chris and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Re: Introduction to Forum from Chris

Postby Luuttuaja » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Hello Chris, welcome to the forum!. Congratulations on quitting smoking. Good luck with learning the guitar, as well as with the work on guitar restoration!

Return to “Introduce yourself”