LTCJWE (John) Introduction

ltcjwe

LTCJWE (John) Introduction

Post by ltcjwe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:25 am

I took guitar lessons in 1970 and my teacher introduced me to classical guitar. At that point I became much more interested in classical guitar then other forms and spent everything I had, $600, on a Kohno guitar I purchased from The Guitar Shop, 18th & M, Wash DC. It was always fun to go there back then and they were the only place that sold a lot of classical guitar sheet music which I still have. Now with the internet so much more is available & free. With youtube, videos, internet so many videos, so many outstanding guitarists, master classes, exercises, music, all is quite unbelievable when I think back to the early 70s & what we had then.

Over the course of my life I’ve played in bands, acoustic guitar, electric etc but I always seem to return to classical. Over the course of my life, work, marriage, kids there were plenty of instances, times, periods etc that I couldn’t play, simply didn’t have the time and guitars stayed in cases. Now that I’m retired I find myself going back to classical on that same Kohno I bought so many years ago. I’m looking to buy another one, maybe a Kenny Hill. I’d love to go into a store and play a few but stores carrying high end classical guitars are few and far between. We have Guitar Centers in Tampa but not the market is for acoustic, electric so I’ll probably have to order one on line.

I knew a long time ago I’d never make a living in music & that it would always be a hobby. I’ve been fine with that and am enjoying plenty of time to work on pieces I want --- and no kids to run off with my guitars! 8) 8)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: LTCJWE (John) Introduction

Post by GeoffB » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 am

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings, as well as the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Luuttuaja

Re: LTCJWE (John) Introduction

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Hello John, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”