An Australian in London

mrs.musgrove

An Australian in London

Post by mrs.musgrove » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am

Dear All, I am looking forward to participating in this forum. I have recently returned to playing the classical guitar and all I can remember is bad habits. I hope to start over, older and wiser, and avoid my previous mistakes if possible. Very excited about using this new-fangled internet as a resource.

Erik Zurcher

Re: An Australian in London

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello mrs.musgrove and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

ukulelesteve1234

Post by ukulelesteve1234 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Welcome mrs.musgrove! I can certainly empathize with you when speaking of bad habits. Once they're learned they're difficult to correct, but with patience and diligence it can be done. In using this new-fangled internet, I might suggest that you put the bad habit you're trying to correct into the search bar and see if any posts/threads speak to alleviating it.

As far as being older and wiser, one of my favorite expressions is "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill." It's probably not true, but I like it anyway.

Enjoy!
All instruments left-handed
Pavan Flamenco Negra
Córdoba C10
Mya-Moe Tenor Cutaway 'Ukulele, Low G
Mya-Moe Baritone Cutaway 'Ukulele
Kamaka Long-Neck Tenor 8-String 'Ukulele
Kanile'a Baritone 'Ukulele tuned C6, High G

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome to the forum mrs.musgrove and good on you for coming back to the wonderful world of classical guitar.

Cheers,
Paul (an Australian living in Australia!!).

Return to “Introduce yourself”