This is London

MurrayH

This is London

Post by MurrayH » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello... I'm starting to play again after many years of idle fingers, and as children have gone to University, I have some time to devote to the instrument. I have a Ramirez 1A (664mm) from the 70's and my first task is to probably buy something slightly more friendly to my ageing hands! Also I need to get up to date on all the latest string technology, let alone guitar construction techniques. So I look forward to contributing to and receiving the accumulated wisdom of these pages.

James Lister
Luthier

Re: This is London

Post by James Lister » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi MurrayH,

Welcome to Delcamp!

You'll find lots of discussion in the luthier's sub-forum about modern and traditional guitar construction techniques, and there's also a section devoted entirely to strings. Alternative scale lengths come up fairly often, and you'll see that guitars with shorter than the standard 650mm scale are becoming more popular, although there are still many who seem comfortable with 660mm+.

Please feel free to join in with existing discussions, or to start your own topic. The members here are very friendly and supportive, and if you need any extra help, you can ask one of the moderators (usernames shown in green, except mine, which is purple, as I'm also a luthier).

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please follow this link: Our welcome page

You already have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. When you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit.

We recommend that members add their location in their profile - to do so just click on your name at the top right of the page, select "User Control Panel", then on the "Profile" tab, and enter your town/region/country in the "Location" field.

Enjoy the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Luuttuaja

Re: This is London

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find some discussions about "easier playing" guitars that could help you.

Return to “Introduce yourself”