Hello from the Highlands of Scotland (Inverness)

tim

Hello from the Highlands of Scotland (Inverness)

Postby tim » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Hey everyone,

I have registered in a continued effort to revive my classical guitar skills after a long break.
I actually did guitar at high school in order to get into a music degree with the aims of doing composition, I started learning around the age of 16 and stopped playing at the age of 22. I got to about ABRSM grade 6 then didn't play for about 3-4 years while doing my degree and working out my life. Of course now that I've started playing again I sorely regret not picking it up in those 4 years as I have regressed tremendously.
For me, when I was learning, I just had the goal of getting into a musical degree with composition being on the forefront on my mind, so I did a pretty rushed zero to grade 6 in 5 years and I really didn't find it that fun. I actually wanted to play electric guitar, but the only free teacher in my area was a classical guitar teacher :oops:
Anyway now that I don't have to practice for a music degree and am no longer a student I have a bit more motivation to go back and fix some of my shoddy technique.

Anyways, my life story aside: I am working on relearning from a foundationary level to try and work out some of the problems I have. I can't afford the time to see a guitar teacher, so I'm trying to amass as much information online as I can so that I can try and diagnose and fix my technique. I'm hoping that I can refer to some of the knowledge here on this forum (I have already had a quick look through a number of your free pieces of sheet music).

Looking forward to spending some time here and all the best from Scotland 8)

George Crocket

Re: Hello from the Highlands of Scotland (Inverness)

Postby George Crocket » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Hello Tim from a wee bit further south. Welcome to the forum. It should not take you too long to regain much of what you have lost, and you presumably know much more about music now - that's quite an advantage. But you will find lots of useful stuff here on the forum. Please have a look at our welcome page where there is more information about the forum and its rules.With two posts you should already be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Luuttuaja

Postby Luuttuaja » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your revived playing.

P.S. I really wish I'm able to visit Inverness some day. I've never been to Scotland.

Jose Marques
Luthier

Postby Jose Marques » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 pm

welcome Tim;)
i wish to visit inverness asap i believe that is a beautiful part of the country
I'm a Luthier living in Bury st Edmunds UK

Return to “Introduce yourself”