Hello from Lawrence, Kansas, USA

mark b

Hello from Lawrence, Kansas, USA

Post by mark b » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello,

I am learning to play classical guitar, starting late January this year. One of my hobbies is woodworking, and I would like to get into making acoustic guitars. While learning what it would take to make guitars, I decided it would be nice if I could actually play at some level too. At least in the beginning, I've decided to learn without an instructor, and I've been using Frederick Noad's "Solo Guitar Playing Book 1", and Hal Leonard's "Classical Guitar" for instruction. I spend around 1 - 1.5 hours a day practicing, and am having a lot of fun in the process.

The other day I was reading a book review on Amazon, and a reviewer mentioned this website, and that's how I wound up here. This looks like a great place, and I'm happy to have stumbled in here.

Cheers,
Mark

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Lawrence, Kansas, USA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello Mark and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum! I have used the same two tutor books as you and I too try to spend 1 hour or more a day for practicing. Good luck with guitar studies!

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello, Mark, and welcome to Delcamp.

The Noad book is an excellent method book. You've probably already discovered Mass Street Music in Lawrence. If not, check it out. Great people, great guitars and a great resource for you as an aspiring luthier.

Best,
-Jim

Return to “Introduce yourself”