Hello from Stockholm

FelixAhlstrom

Hello from Stockholm

Post by FelixAhlstrom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Felix and I could not be more excited to return to the classical guitar and music in general after a hiatus for a couple of years where i had to devote all my waking time to honing another set of skills which is now part of my profession. I have a BA in Audio Engineering and have played the guitar, mostly electric in a rock setting, for about 12 years give or take and started fooling around with Classical Guitar around 9 years ago. I'm completely self-taught for better or for worse.

Currently I'm working as a teacher at a local Tailoring and Pattern Drafting school and in my spare time I focus on my own work in fields including textile sculptures, oil/acrylic painting and now, hopefully, I will at last be able to bring music back into my life with a new project I'm working on.

I'm interested in both Classical music as well as more Contemporary music, especially Contemporary music which is somehow rooted in Classical for one reason or another. I'm here to learn more about this wonderful instrument, partly for my own pure enjoyment, and hopefully in order to incorporate the classical guitar in the more contemporary music I'm working on to accompany the afore-mentioned project.

Since I have not been playing as regularly as I used to I feel a little rusty but I feel like it's coming back fairly quickly, currently working on re-learning Barrios Julia Florida as well as transposing some of Trent Reznors/Nine Inch Nails softer piano based songs to the CG in order to get back on track.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and spend more time here!

Kind regards
Felix

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Stockholm

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello Felix and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello Felix, welcome to the forum!

FelixAhlstrom

Post by FelixAhlstrom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:47 am

Erik, Luuttaja - thank you both for your warm welcome.

I'll make sure to take a thorough look around and to add my location to my profile.
I understand and agree with your policy regarding the content and quality of posts, makes perfect sense in order to keep the standard of the forum.

Return to “Introduce yourself”