Hola From Austin Texas!

rhare86

Hola From Austin Texas!

Postby rhare86 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello, My name is Ron and I am a high school classical guitar and mariachi teacher in Austin Texas. I am just now finishing up my fourth year as a classroom guitar ensemble director, third year as a mariachi director and 15th year as a private guitar instructor.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hola From Austin Texas!

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello Ron and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

jgiddings

Postby jgiddings » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello, Ron, and welcome to Delcamp. Our son lives in Austin. Great town!

Can you recommend any method books for guitar ensemble teaching? I'm just curious about the approach you have found most helpful.
Feel free to email me offline, if you prefer.
Thanks!

Best,
-Jim

Luuttuaja

Postby Luuttuaja » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello Ron, welcome to the forum!

rhare86

Postby rhare86 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you and hello Luuttuaja!

rhare86

Postby rhare86 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello and thank you Jim! I love Austin, but unfortunately so does everyone else and it's gotten way too crowded here over the past few years.

The programs in the Austin school district almost all use guitarcurriculum.com. It was developed by my friends over at Austin Classical Guitar and I love it! The first three levels are brilliant! All of my beginning classes use the material from the site for the first year. After that, we still continue to use it, but not exclusively. Many of the pieces on the site have multiple levels for each part so that if you have a class with a wide variety of ability levels no one will be left out. For us, ACG also provides us with tremendous classroom support. I know ACG has a huge presence in the St. Louis area. Do you know if they have a presence in KC?

Best,
Ron

jgiddings

Postby jgiddings » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Thank you, Ron!
I'm not aware of an ACG presence in KC, but I'm going to share this information with guitar teachers I know.
Thanks very much!

Best,
-Jim

Semitone

Postby Semitone » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 pm

rhare86 wrote:I love Austin, but unfortunately so does everyone else and it's gotten way too crowded here over the past few years.

Cracks me up. This is the same gripe I heard when I moved to Austin in 1988!

In any event, " Hello". Hope you find it informative here.

Return to “Introduce yourself”