Hello From the Philippines!

Leon Victoriano

Hello From the Philippines!

Post by Leon Victoriano » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 am

Hello everyone in the classicalguitardelcamp community! It's a pleasure to finally be able to participate in discussions on this website. I have been a lurker here for about half a year now but I've finally gone and made an account! (Yehay!)

My name is Leon Victoriano and I am a student of classical guitar from the Philippines. I've only recently started studying the classical guitar(2015). Before that time, I've never studied or played any type of musical instrument. I've always been really interested in music and mainly the guitar since in the Philippines, the guitar is quite the common instrument. But I delayed my musical journey for a long time because of various reasons, but, in 2015, I finally took that final step and began studying the classical guitar.
I am currently applying to a Conservatory of Music in the Philippines hoping to major in Composition and minor in Classical Guitar.(Fingers crossed that i pass!)
I hope we can all have enjoyable and insightful discussions together in this forum and learn from one another. Though I am quite new to the classical guitar scene, I do hope I can somewhat contribute to the discussions in this forum as well.

Leon Victoriano
"To play wrong notes is insignificant; to play without passions is inexcusable."

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello From the Philippines!

Post by GeoffB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello Leon,

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've decided to sign up - you won't be disappointed. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Hello Leon, welcome to the forum!

KlaBueBaer

Post by KlaBueBaer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 am

Hello Leon,
welcome to the forum.

Last year I spent a few weeks on the Phillipines. I visited various guitar shops in Cebu City. Very interesting. I like to remember Boracay (the White Beach) and Palawan. It was certainly not the last visit there.

Greetings from Berlin.
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria MH 100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

mandarin

Post by mandarin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Leon

Glad to see you here in delcamp :)
Joseph Ramos
Manila, Philippines

Return to “Introduce yourself”