Hello from Ohio

mcnabbmh

Hello from Ohio

Post by mcnabbmh » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi all! My name is Matt and I live near Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm coming back to the classical guitar after a long hiatus - work and having two children has kept me away from it for a few years. I was a classical guitar hobbyist for several years, never a formal student. I studied practiced regularly from about 2000 until 2008 when I got married, and after that I haven't devoted much time to the instrument. I'd like to begin learning again and possible to start teaching my 5 year old son to play.

My path on the guitar is pretty typical - I started playing rock and folk tunes from the sixties and seventies. Led Zeppelin, etc. After a few years I heard Celedonio Romero playing Recuerdos de la Alhambra on a cheap classical music compilation and that opened up the previously unknown world of classical guitar to me, and I never went back to an steel string guitar.

Right now I'm looking around for a decent affordable guitar and some studies to get my playing back in shape. I think I might start with the Carcassi studies.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Ohio

Post by GeoffB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum! You're certainly not the first round here to find that work and family can get in the way of playing the guitar for a few years! I'm sure you'll find plenty here to interest and inspire you to get back on track.

Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started on the forum, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

FHC

Post by FHC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome Matt. I recommend you check out the Classical Guitar Corner. It is a very affordable online school.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum!

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 am

Hello Matt and welcome to the best classical guitar forum on the planet! See you around!

Return to “Introduce yourself”