Returning member

Damian

Returning member

Post by Damian » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello from Prieska Northern Cape South Africa. My name is Damian, which is short for "An accident waiting to happen". I was a member in the past but had an argument with an agricultural rotovator, chopped my left foot to smithereens and have been recovering and being idle ever since.
I have a Yamaha GC3A and a Ramirez Single Cutaway,plus a few electrics and a Gibson J55 steel string. Took lessons for years and have a wealth of books and material to study. I'm working the Sor Studies, Pujol, Carlevaro,Villalobos and some other material.
I need to be more conscientious to improve my playing ability so here we go, I'm looking forward to listening to you all.

oski79

Re: Returning member

Post by oski79 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Welcome Back, Damian...

So very sorry to hear about your accident.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”