Hello From Nashville

Bsandesh

Hello From Nashville

Post by Bsandesh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Greetings from Nashville.

My name is Sandesh, I am from India but residing in Nashville for the last one decade.
I am a beginner-Intermediate guitar player and started learning guitar from 2013.
Although I admit that what drew me to learn guitar were great songwriters like Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan, I used to listen to a fair amount of classical music as well.I tried electric guitar at the beginning, but the current culture about guitars are all about solos/shredding/being rock star etc and somehow after a year I felt I was not learning anything musically, nor did my skills grow.
So, I went back to basics, picked up a nylon string classical guitar, learnt to read music sheets, started practicing very small pieces of composition/Etudes etc.And also, I was inspired by Leonard Cohen, his picking patterns, on how he started learning with just 3-4 chords on his nylon string guitar, and his entire musical creative output was a result of his background in classical guitar.
Now, I can play prelude in D minor Robert de Visée by reading music sheet.Currently, I am almost done with 25 bars of Bach's BWV (Jesu,joy)
Next I want to take up Bach's Bouree or Torija by Torroba.
I have a Cordoba C7 Cutaway and a C9 in Cedar.

I find this forum very informative and not to mention there are great people here with wide variety of skill experience in everything related to music and guitar. I hope to be an active participant on this forum in years to come.

Thank you for reading this.
-Sandesh Balasubrahmanyam
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"- Leonard Cohen
Yairi CY70
Yairi CYM75

Montgomery

Re: Hello From Nashville

Post by Montgomery » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi Sandesh

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it, it's great to have you here.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello Sandesh, welcome to the forum!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Sandesh,

Welcome to the forum! If you haven't already done, so, please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings, as well as the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”