New member.

John

New member.

Post by John » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:13 am

Hello from Whiskey Creek, Fort Myers, Florida, USA.

I am a new member to The Forum and am excited about having the forum to talk about classical guitar and classical music.

I've been playing classical guitar about four years. I am self taught.

I've been a musician for all of my life. I am 74 years old. I began music when I was eight. I studied in the conservatory for a year when I was 18 with the dream of making it my life profession. I was a cello major in a voice minor. I stopped playing for 50 years. My interest in music has never waned never stopped and has indeed grown stronger. I picked up the cello briefly after coming to Fort Myers, but found that the cost of the instrument the bows and the lessons were prohibitive. Prices for a good cello start at $40,000 and for a really good one into the Millions. A bow of decent quality will cost about $1,000. Lessons are $50 an hour. I am retired and can no longer afford those kinds of expenses.

I have been reading the Forum for for a while and getting information about Savarez strings. It is most informative. Looking at some of the offerings to members it's quite extensive.

I'm excited about taking advantage of them.

Looking forward to having things to say to each of you and learn from each of you.

John

lagartija

Re: New member.

Post by lagartija » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:22 am

Hello John, welcome to Delcamp! If you have not yet found it, please have a look at our welcome page, and this post by Jean-François Delcamp, our host, which explains his thoughts on the purpose of this site.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile. To do this, click on the User Control Panel at the upper left, then the Profile tab, then enter the information. This helps other members know in what time zone you live. :D

Have fun! and welcome to Delcamp forum! :bye:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 am

welcome to the forum, John.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Les Montanjees

Post by Les Montanjees » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Welcome, John. As you've probably already discovered, there's lots of us in our senior years here, with our aches and paints, dodgy backs, stiffening fingers and grim determination to become better players. I've always been inspired by that famous quote of the great Pablo Cassals who, when asked why he still practiced at the age of ninety-odd, said, "Because I think I'm getting better!"
Looking forward to your posts.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Hello John, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”