Hello from Winchester England

denis.gibson

Hello from Winchester England

Postby denis.gibson » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm a new member. I've just returned to learning guitar after a break of more 15 years. I became too busy at work to keep up practice and lessons but now regret giving up. I'm at retirement age and plan to scale back on work committments and allow more time for other things, including classical guitar. Fortunately my previous guitar teacher can take me back and I had my first lesson of the new era a fortnight ago. My hands feel so clumsy on the intrument after such a long break :(

One of the pleasant surprises in resuming this interest in guitar is how much more material there is on line about the instrument and I look forward to exploring that.

I look forward to meeting some of you on this forume in the comming weeks and months. :D

Best wishes,

Denis

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Winchester England

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Hello Denis and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

AndyPurkis
Student of the online lessons

Postby AndyPurkis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Welcome Denis. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from posts on the forum. I wish you all the best with your studies

denis.gibson

Postby denis.gibson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:46 am

AndyPurkis wrote:Welcome Denis. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from posts on the forum. I wish you all the best with your studies

Thanks, Andy
I lived in Birmingham for 10 years during the 1970s and love the city. It's even better now they've opened up the canal areas and built symphony hall and the rep - all new sinced I lived there.....
I've just looked at your posts, particularly the videos of lesson 1 material. Sounds great and will take a look at the material on-line.

Best wishes,

Denis

Luuttuaja

Postby Luuttuaja » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Hello Denis, welcome to the forum. Good luck with getting back to guitar playing!

Return to “Introduce yourself”