Hi from Minneapolis

btmac

Hi from Minneapolis

Post by btmac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello folks:

I recently bought a steel string dreadnought from someone on Craigslist, and this nice fellow had several classical guitars that he insisted I try. Kind of a revelation for me in terms of the feeling. That night I thought "damn, now I have to buy one of these". I have enjoyed listening to classical guitar and related nylon-string music for ages (Segovia, Isbin, LAGQ, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Jose Gonzalez, etc.), but had never tried a classical guitar. The feeling of the instrument resonating against my chest, and the feel of the neck, were very intriguing. I thought it would be a great instrument to play quietly in the evenings before bed.

So, a couple of weeks ago I found a very nice 30+ year old L. Mozzani on Craigslist for a great price. All solid, spruce top, rosewood back and sides. It has been fun getting to know it so far.

I have played guitar for several years, self-taught, with lots of enjoyment but never making huge progress. Started out trying to learn fingerstyle folk/blues/slack-key, played at a bunch of bluegrass beginner jams, and then played around with some electric rock/blues.

I am looking forward to learning with the help of the resources and community here.

Thanks,
Brian

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hi from Minneapolis

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Hello Brian and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Re: Hi from Minneapolis

Post by Luuttuaja » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello Brian, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on getting new guitars. I hope you will find a lot of great resources to help your learning.

Return to “Introduce yourself”