Greetings from Northwest Washington State!

Stephen.Verderber

Greetings from Northwest Washington State!

Post by Stephen.Verderber » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 pm

My name is Stephen Verderber and I have been playing the guitar since 1971. I started out playing blues and rock (early influences were the Allman Brothers Band), I then started looking into playing fingerstyle (influenced greatly by John Fahey and Leo Kottke). In the mid 1980's I started studying classical guitar and took formal lessons by a teacher whose name was Micheal McChesney, when I lived in the Bay Area in California.

I stopped playing guitar for over 20+ years (what a dummy I was) but then started playing again in 2005. Playing steel-string fingerstyle in different tunings, I also started playing lap-steel using a square-neck resonator. I had given my old classical guitar (1981 Takamine C-132s) to my brother, and it sat in his closet for those 20+ years I had stopped playing. He visited my last year and gave me the guitar back, so now I am again taking up the classical guitar after many years away from it.

I don't perform anywhere except I have a yearly house-concert where I play my various guitars and then everyone eats and has a good time, I also do a bunch of recording and put out a yearly CD for friends and family.

So, in a nutshell, that has been my musical life, and I am really happy to be part of this forum.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from Northwest Washington State!

Post by GeoffB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:30 am

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great introduction! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: Greetings from Northwest Washington State!

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:45 am

Welcome sverderb. I live in almost as NW Washington as you can get. You might enjoy the NWClassical Guitar Society which meets monthly in BHam. We also have a couple great luthiers in the area: Steve Ganz (Blaine) and Dake Traphagen (Bellingham). For more info PM me and I'll pass on the details.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Return to “Introduce yourself”