What level am I?

hunyuan7

What level am I?

Post by hunyuan7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi, All:

Nice to be here again: I think it is my second time registering on this site, so you can guess that I play the guitar here and there depending on the ebb and flow of my life.

My background:

...Combined 20 months with teachers
...Working on lesson 13 (The Second Position) in Noad's Solo Guitar Playing
...Practicing on my own currently
...Playing the classical guitar is purely for fun and not for performance
...Using Epiphone EC 20 classical guitar (built like a tank!)

Please tell me how I should describe my level.

Thanks,
Hunyuan7

Erik Zurcher

Re: What level am I?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Hello Hunyuan7 and welcome back to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Joe de V

Post by Joe de V » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Rating your or anyone else level of learning is a subjective issue and depends on where did you started at. In addition each publication geared for students have their own criteria of determining levels. Right here at DelCamp lessons material there are some pieces given a level 3 or 4 where other publications consider them 2 or even as a beginner level 1. Mr.Noad's volume represents the author's personal views of how to best advance in learing to play well the CG. His lesson plan will not necessarily be identical to another publication by a teacher/guitarist.
When i started to learn to play the CG I bought over 20 different "methods" of learning and took from each one what appears- For Me- the best example for any specific issue I wanted to learn. In essence- Not One Volume Can Be The Best To Teach You All You need to do. Maybe that is One advantage of having a qualified private tutor.
Rather than be concern about your Level of Learning, just by practicing and taking the time- Not Rushing - to complete a lesson you will know yourself the rate of your progress.Good Luck and Enjoy your guitar playing.

hunyuan7

Post by hunyuan7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Here's the thing: Whenever you read a review, you always come across terms like "beginner," "intermediate," and "advanced." Sometimes, it is "early intermediate." :) You can't read a thread on this forum without coming across one of these descriptions. I just thought, I would open myself up and go from there on this forum.

Return to “Introduce yourself”