Greetings from Groningen, the Netherlands

Thomas Pel

Greetings from Groningen, the Netherlands

Post by Thomas Pel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Glad to have found this forum a couple of days ago, after lurking for a short while I decided to register and get busy as well :-)
As you can obviously deduce from my username, I'm Thomas, 31 years old from Groningen, the Netherlands. Living in Hoogezand to be precise, together with my wonderful wife and 2 year old boy!

As for our common interest, I've been casually playing guitar since I was 12 and the odd classical piece since I was 22. Self-taught so a lot of my time can probably be spent correcting some bad habits! Never learned to sight read, I am able to figure out a score, it just takes a (very, very) long time to do so. As a result I mainly played from tabs, including the classical pieces. I've probably played piece far beyond my actual ability, the likes of Asturias, the 998 and 1006 suites, Grande sonata - Paganini and la Catedral to name a few.

Reading this forum for the last couple of days I made the decision to go back to square one for a bit and just browse through the lessons provided here by mr Delcamp in an effort to create a more structured learning curve and mainly to make myself proficient in playing from scores instead of tabs.

Any questions? Shoot!

Cheers,
Thomas
~ Thomas ~ 31 ~ Hoogezand, the Netherlands ~

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Groningen, the Netherlands

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello Thomas and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Thomas Pel

Post by Thomas Pel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks Erik.
~ Thomas ~ 31 ~ Hoogezand, the Netherlands ~

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Hello Thomas, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”