Greetings from New Orleans

AlexScott

Greetings from New Orleans

Post by AlexScott » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Bonjour & hello!

I live in New Orleans. I'm a full-time musician and a former classical guitarist. I majored in music in college (at Vassar) with a concentration in classical guitar (instead of thesis, I gave a recital). I was lucky enough to study under the great, great, life-changing guitarist and composer Terry Champlin. He took me seriously as a musician and a person, and his regard made me work harder than I'd ever known I was capable of working. Before college, I wanted to be a star. After college, I wanted to be a musician.

I knew I didn't want a career in classical guitar, and I also knew I didn't really have the chops for it. I stumbled across this site because I have a very beautiful classical guitar - it's a Nicholas Ioannou - that I love dearly, but have decided to part with: it needs to be played more and better than I play it these days.

Anyway, it's lovely to meet you all.

oski79

Re: Greetings from New Orleans

Post by oski79 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, Alex!

If you are here primarily to sell your guitar, please take note of the instructions and restrictions at the top of the sale forum, which can be found by clicking here

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum and enjoy! See you around the forum.

Return to “Introduce yourself”