Hello from Cornwall (England)

Andrew C

Hello from Cornwall (England)

Post by Andrew C » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am

I actually stumbled across this forum while searching and was pleasantly surprised and thought "This is for me"
I'm in my late 50s and bought my first guitar over 40 years ago. It was an Audition brand electric guitar from Woolworths and cost £14.
Owning and playing guitar are two different things. Over this time I've always had a guitar but I have had many lengths of several years where I haven't picked up the guitar at all.
I got my first classical guitar about 30 years ago (I can't remember exactly when to be honest) and got about half way through Noad's Solo Guitar Playing book 1.
I actually work in a company that sells music books and every time I sell a Frederick Noad book I feel a little sad that I didn't have/make the time to go through it myself. Well now I'm going to start at the very beginning again and see how it goes.
I have two classical guitars - a 3/4 size Vicente Sanchis Model 28 (nice little guitar apart from the machine heads which I will have to replace) and a Paulino Bernabe Model E1 (This is what I was searching when I found this site).
I like so many different styles of guitar music including rock, metal, jazz, classical, and whatever genre Rodrigo Y Gabriella comes under :D

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Cornwall (England)

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am

Hello Andrew and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! I know what you mean by "owning and playing are two different things". I had my first guitar for about 10 years before I started really playing it.

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! A wonderful place to be for everything classical guitar! See you around the forum.

Return to “Introduce yourself”