Greetings from Norfolk UK

dolomite

Greetings from Norfolk UK

Post by dolomite » Sat May 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi there people, I'm John from Norfolk UK, I'm 56 and have been playing guitar on and off since I was about 15, but have only recently started having classical lessons after finally finding a teacher in my area. I've tried to play some few styles including jazz, blues, rockabilly and fingerstyle but have always been attracted most to classical guitar. I have 2 nylon strung guitars, a traditional classical, Admiral Seville and a Sheridan electro acoustic, plus 6 other guitars, electric, semi acoustics and acoustics.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Norfolk UK

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat May 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello John and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Sat May 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi John welcome. Where in Norfolk? I'm in south Norfolk and am a member of a guitar circle near Diss. We have a couple of concerts coming up in June, one in Tasburgh and the other in Roydon If you are near and would like to drop in pm me and I'll send you details.

I have lessons in north Norfolk and another of the group has lessons in Norwich.

I post details of guitar concerts in Norfolk when I see them so keep an eye open.

dolomite

Post by dolomite » Sat May 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Muirtan, I'm from Kings Lynn, I don't know if there are any guitar clubs or circles locally but I'll certainly start to look. Thanks for letting me know about your concerts, but both are a bit far from me, (approx 80 mile round trip). My teacher is a Brazilian guitarist Estevão Devides, I saw him give a recital recently and was lucky enough that he agreed to teach me. Regards John

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Sat May 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi John, yes Kings Lynn is a bit far. My teacher sometimes gives concerts up in north Norfolk which I post on here, keep an eye open. I know a of a couple of guitarists in your area ( if Fakenham isn't too far) if you ever think of doing duets or even starting your own group.

Return to “Introduce yourself”