New member/builder

Michael Propsom
Luthier

New member/builder

Post by Michael Propsom » Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Hello, I'm Michael. I'm a guitar maker who has been living in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest for the past thirty years. My first infatuation with instrumental guitar began with a different group of "classical" artists in the early 70's, steel string guitar soloists like John Fahey, and Leo Kottke. The love of their music was a major reason for my pursuing the craft of guitar making. During my early years I almost exclusively built steel string instruments. But, as my interest in classical music--interpreted by the greats like Bream and Parkening--evolved, so has my interest in the construction of nylon stringed instruments.

I look forward to using this forum not only as an aide in my building, but also as a resource to increase my appreciation and expand my knowledge of the artists who create original or adapt classical music to the guitar.

George Crocket

Re: New member/builder

Post by George Crocket » Thu May 25, 2017 6:20 am

Hello Michael. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. You probably know already that our Luthiers forum is a very active section of the site. :discussion:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Luuttuaja

Re: New member/builder

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Michael, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”