Hello from "cold" Russia

Anches

Hello from "cold" Russia

Post by Anches » Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Hello everyone.
My name is Anches. I started to play the guitar 2.5 years ago, when I was 34. Sure it's pretty late to be a professional, but not too late to love classical music.
My guitars:
Alhambra 6 p cedar top
Sakurai - Kohno #10 DOM 1979. Spruce top
Sanches #1054 - Spruce top
Barcelona 1997 do not remember the model. Will look when come back to Moscow
I do not collect them. But work in two countries and have 2 guitars in each to not to fly with them. Part of my time i spend in Moscow/Russia being a doctor, and part of my time - in Riga/Latvia being a professor of Latvian University.
I am just on my way. I do not have a lot of time for music practice but i'm trying to do it daily at least an hour.

Regards,
Anches

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from "cold" Russia

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 am

Hello Anches and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Hello Anches, welcome to the forum!

Semitone

Post by Semitone » Sat May 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Anches,

Welcome to the forum.

I just got back from Moscow last week. Spent a week there and loved it. Definitely needed more time. Great museums, parks, statues, arts... Fantastic tourist destination but I probably couldn't stand the crowds during the high season. I like to tell friends, it's like Paris but without the litter and stench of urine. Luckily it wasn't "cold" and the buskers were out.

James A. Showalter
Student of the online lessons

Post by James A. Showalter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello Anches,

You've landed in a great place to learn guitar.

I started 5 years ago playing western guitar, wasn't much suited for electric but liked acoustic guitars. I've become very interested in classical guitar after acquiring a Takamine classical and now I mostly pursue learning on it using the Delcamp lessons. I plan on acquiring a nice classical one day and this forum is helping me to decide what constitutes nice classical guitar. Oh yeah, I am 60 years old. Never too late to start.

Enjoy,
James

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Welcome along to the forum and greetings from a non-German in "warm" Germany. :-)

Return to “Introduce yourself”