Hello from New South Wales, Australia

CoffeeGlutton

Hello from New South Wales, Australia

Post by CoffeeGlutton » Sat May 27, 2017 12:57 am

Hi
I am a newbie player from Australia. I have recently acquired my father's old Suzuki guitar, probably purchased in the 60s or early 70s (no. 702 is printed on the paper inside). I've put new strings on it and I'm excite to see what it can do. My previous experience with musical instruments are electric and upright bass so playing music in treble clef will be new to me!

My favourite classical guitar music is probably material originally composed for lute, Bach and Weiss etc., however as a baroque lute is prohibitively expensive for me I shall enjoy the guitar! :)

Cheers

George Crocket

Re: Hello from New South Wales, Australia

Post by George Crocket » Sat May 27, 2017 7:00 am

Hi CoffeeGlutton. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. There will be lots to interest you here.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Sat May 27, 2017 11:22 pm

G'day C G and welcome. Those older instruments from Japan were generally well made

with reasonable materials (except, perhaps, the tuners and maybe plastic nuts and saddles).

So a good choice for your introduction as long as the action isn't too high (especially

coming from the electric world).

Not to be prescriptive but maybe with just one coffee less per day, the money saved could

go towards a baroque lute ;)

Cheers, martinardo
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 am

Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Peter (Sydney)

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun May 28, 2017 8:17 am

Welcome to the forum CoffeeGlutton. As a coffee lover myself I can sure relate!!

Cheers,
Paul (Melbourne)

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon May 29, 2017 9:24 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”