Alex from Canada

alfaalex101

Alex from Canada

Post by alfaalex101 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello my name is Alex! I've been playing electric guitar for 5 years and have grown an affinity for blazing fast metal solos. I am self taught and continue to enjoy music from Black Label Society, Pantera, Annihilator, 5 Finger Death Punch and more. My interest in classical guitar is primarily because I feel the metal genre as a whole has become stagnant, redundant and not inspired enough from other genres. As a result, is my desire to learn more classical guitar. My first guitar actually was a classical guitar back in 2011 but I did not show it much attention as I felt my roots elsewhere. Now I'm coming home. Thank you for accepting me in your community and I look forward connecting with you all.

Regards,

Alex

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Alex from Canada

Post by GeoffB » Sun May 28, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings, as well as the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Luuttuaja

Re: Alex from Canada

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon May 29, 2017 9:49 am

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum! I know what you mean by metal music being stagnant at the moment. I haven't heard many innovative new metal bands in 2010s, although the "good old" bands are still good!

Return to “Introduce yourself”