greetings from Toronto

wyres

greetings from Toronto

Post by wyres » Wed May 31, 2017 4:57 am

Hello
I am Nick walton, a guitarist and string maker/ inventor.
Studied guitar with Aliro Diaz and John williams. Studied string making with Daniel Mari owner of La Bella strings and Mari strings. Studied music at Royal Conservatory of Music. Chemistry at York University

Erik Zurcher

Re: greetings from Toronto

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 am

Hello Nick and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

rguitar

Post by rguitar » Wed May 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Nick, are your strings available for purchase?

wyres

Wyres Strings

Post by wyres » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Hello rguitar:
There are a number of shops in Ontario that stock Wyres. I do not think there is one right now in St. Thomas.
Where in St Thomas or nearby do you shop?
I will communicate with our rep in Guelph to assist.
( there is www.wyresstrings.com/store)
Rds,
N.W.

rguitar

Post by rguitar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 am

I had not heard of these strings before. I'll try them out when I have a chance. Would Long & McQuade in London have them?

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing the link to your strings!

Den
Location: East of Toronto, Ontario, Canada (plenty of raccoons, skunks, coyotes, foxes and beavers)

Post by Den » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello Nick and welcome to this great forum. Your bio is quite impressive! You studied with Aliro Diaz and John Williams!
I have studied at the Royal Conservatory too, with Jeffrey McFadden and Robert Hamilton. I'd like to continue my study at some point (I'm working towards my Grade 7). I live in Pickering by the way.
Take care!

Return to “Introduce yourself”