Hello from Mexico!

SegundaLeyDeNewton

Hello from Mexico!

Post by SegundaLeyDeNewton » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi, my name is Daniel, i´m 19 years old, i´m studying aeronautical engineering. My main hobby and passion is classical guitar. Currently i have no teacher, i´ve been playing since i was 9 years old, i started with classical guitar , then moved to electric and acoustic guitar for a long time(like seven years) because i used to find classical guitar very boring ( silly me, i know) but the past year i fell in love with classical music in general, so i decided to start again with classical guitar , and i love it !.
My main objectives are to get a great right hand technique, because years of using a guitar pick made my free and rest stroking , arpeggiation etc. very clumsy. I´m doing the Giuliani exercises everyday and some scales. I think that my left hand technique is "decent" though.
I´m also working to lose the stage fright and play recitals at my school, and why not? i would also love to play with orchestra some day.
I´m expecting to learn a lot with you!

Thanks for reading this :merci:
-Daniel

Guitar: José Barrera 2017 (mexican luthier)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Mexico!

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:53 am

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”