Hello from the east coast

Saaaaahhhnn

Hello from the east coast

Post by Saaaaahhhnn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm currently attending university for my B.A. in Music and I play the classical guitar. This fall should be my final semester if everything goes well. I started playing about six months before I auditioned and now I've been playing for about three or four years. Beforehand I played the usual electric/acoustic/bass guitar, piano, trumpet, and trombone. I don't have a particular style I like but if I had to choose I would say Spanish guitar had always kept my interest.

As for pieces, I'm actually trying to figure out what I'll be recording for my senior project. I need two renaissance, two baroque, two classical, and two romantic pieces. Currently I have Asturias, Variations on a Magic Flute, and either a piece from suite castellana by torroba or en los trigales by rodrigo. If I can get it down in time I would like to do the prelude from bwv 996 but I want to do something else besides Bach from the baroque. I still need two renaissance and a classical piece. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

After graduating I'm planning on taking a break from school and just learning to enjoy life and who I am as a person, then I'm going to apply for grad school. Ultimately I would like to perform, teach at a university, be part of a recording studio, and compose my own music. I believe that's about it!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from the east coast

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi Saaaaahhhnn,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”