hello from northern Wisconsin

guitarforlife2

hello from northern Wisconsin

Post by guitarforlife2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Hell, Tony here.

I have been a guitar player for 45 years mostly electric lead, rhythm and bass guitar. Played on the road for 20 years earning a living in bars, halls, dances, weddings, elks, moose lodges outdoor fairs. and so on.
I have played everyday that I can recall. I have a very large guitar collection and have helped out on American pickers as well as hard core pawn for guitar advise. I love everything guitar.

While on a recent trip to Florida I saw a guy playing the most incredible Flamenco guitar. I was hooked. I stood and listened to every song and every note. When he was done I purchased all of his CD's.

Never listening to this type of music in depth. When returning home I found a whole world of fantastic music. While most of my years have been spent playing and listing to guys like Randy Rhodes, Steve Via, Yngwie Malmsteen, And the likes of rock guitar gods. I have found new gods in the gypsy kings,
Poco de Lucia, and Andre Segovia.

Although this style is very new to me ( I have been playing nylon for 10 weeks now) I have been obsessed by it.
I have already bought 10 nylon stringed guitars. That I have been playing hours a day.

From years of playing my left hand works fine BUT my right hand needs quite a lot of work.
So I have been stalking this site for quite some time and decided to join.
Hopefully I will learn a thing or two.

Anyway that's my introduction. Hope it was fun to read. Peace and God bless.

Erik Zurcher

Re: hello from northern Wisconsin

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Hello guitarforlife2 and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Introduce yourself”