Hello From Southern California

johnm92008

Hello From Southern California

Post by johnm92008 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:21 pm

My name is John and I have been playing the guitar since I was 5. As a teen, I played in a rock band. For several decades I did not play at all. In the past five years I decided to learn classical guitar. I enjoy it very much.

I have taken some classical guitar lessons. I am currently working on two Villa Lobos pieces: Choros - No.1 and Valsa - Choro.
I am looking for sheet music for Granados'Danza Espanola Op.37/2.

Looking forward to continued learning.

John

oski79

Re: Hello From Southern California

Post by oski79 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, John!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”