Introduction

Pill

Introduction

Post by Pill » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Greetings from Houston . I am new to the forums and new to classical guitar. I am in my early sixties and have never played an instrument. I heard the classical guitar played and fell in love with the music. I bought my first guitar a few weeks ago and have had 3 lessons with a teacher here in Houston. Just found this website and I am very excited about this journey. Wish you all the best. - Pill

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi Pill,

Welcome to the forum! Many of us here started in our sixties, or even later. You certainly do have a fascinating journey ahead. Getting lessons was a good move, and joining this forum was another! :wink:

Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Lysiane Chantre

Post by Lysiane Chantre » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 pm

:bye: Hello Pill, I am on the French forum since 1 year, and I am dropping an ear on the English and Spanish ones :casque: ...Most of the times, people who join have played guitar in their early years, and stopped after some years. I took my first courses around 50. Now I can get courses in a school and follow the forum too. It gives me much.. :discussion: .I hope it will be the same for you. Welcome !

Pill

Post by Pill » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks folks for the encouragement. Geoff thanks for the offer of assistance and the information. Best, Pill

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Post by Jim Imbur » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Welcome! I started in my early sixties as well. Same thing- fell in love with the sound of classical guitar.

Return to “Introduce yourself”