A hello full of hope, from Brazil.

Rodrigo Divino

A hello full of hope, from Brazil.

Post by Rodrigo Divino » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 am

Hello everyone, my name is Rodrigo and i have 20 years, and this is the story of how i met classical music.
I live in Brazil in the city of Belém (that's very far from Rio but really close to Amazonia :lol:).
I always loved music, and always wanted to play an instrument. My first contact with this world was about a year ago with a cheap/old/used electrical (stratocaster) guitar that i manage to buy at that time, just for the fun. Because of economical and time issues, i never did classes, and didn't take learning the instrument seriously at the start. But despite all struggles, this almost blind self-taught period made me realize that i love music in a way that i wasn't even aware. What started with a juvenile wish to play an instrument became something so much bigger.
I found myself in music. And since that i dream of being a musician. There is nothing else that i want more, than do this for the rest of my life.
It was a big year. I searched for materials online, opened myself to new genres, read the basis on theory, harmony, counterpoint, attempt to local events of modern and classical music. All this lead me to the discover that the classical guitar is what were looking for me, so a few weeks ago i finally saved enough money to buy myself one. :mrgreen:
Although the economical and time issues didn't change so much, these days my motivations are others. I'm almost finishing my graduation in Computer Engineering and my main goal now is learn enough to enter the local public music conservatory, which will possibility be the best day of my entire life.
So here i am, in this new and sort of ambitious road. I'm quite a fan of this community since my electrical guitar days, and i hope we can exchange a lot experiences here. :discussion:
Thanks for all moderators and Mr. Delcamp for this wonderful space.

:merci:
Last edited by Rodrigo Divino on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oski79

Re: A hello full of hope, from Brazil.

Post by oski79 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

David Jones

Post by David Jones » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum Rodrigo. I also started out with a stratocaster before discovering the beauty of the classical guitar. Good luck with your studies.
2006 James Lister Spruce

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 am

Welcome and congratulations. Thank you for sharing the story of your musical journey. What a wonderful introduction, and I truly wish you all the best!

Rick Hutt

Post by Rick Hutt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Bem vindo e boa sorte!
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundi flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Enjoy the information and the wonderful people!

Pill

Post by Pill » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Welcome, Rodrigo . Love your passion. Keep up the good deliberate practice. Wish you the best. Pill

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello Rodrigo, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”