Greetings from La La Land

Guitar Slim Jr.

Greetings from La La Land

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris Volak, and I fell in love with the guitar more than 50 years ago. I'm a performer, teacher and writer in the Los Angeles area and I once was an active participant in this forum from around 2005 to 2009. Then I enrolled in college to finish a long-delayed music degree, while working at the same time, and just got out of the "forum habit."

But I've found myself browsing this excellent forum more and more recently, and that I miss being part of this amazing community. So, I'm back! If y'all will have me, that is.

I'll spare you the detailed bio. You can find out more about me at my web page, and hear some examples of my playing. I'm not really doing a lot of serious repertoire these days, but I play a lot of my own fingerstyle compositions, plus arrangements of popular songs, etc. Actually, I'm self-consciously developing a "pops" set for the kind of casual gigs I usually play. The web page has a few of my originals.

More to come! Meantime, I've gotta go make my profile look cool.... :wink:

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from La La Land

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello Chris and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
- To add your website, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and type the URL, into the field next to "Website:" (a web icon will appear under the contact balloon).
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Chris. Welcome back. I enjoyed some of your "senior" contributions a few years ago and I am sure I will enjoy your "junior" contributions in the years to come.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Guitar Slim Jr.

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:26 am

Hi George. You know, I'm actually *more* senior now...

brian

Post by brian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:31 am

well well!! :shock:
welcome back slim!!, been a while.
if at first you don't succeed try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

Guitar Slim Jr.

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 am

Hey Brian! Did they nix the forum at GS? I visited there recently and couldn't find it...

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Yes, welcome back Chris. :)

I remember you were around when I first joined Delcamp. You may not remember me, though, but I've been a continuous member since 2008. I'm playing quite a lot of popular tunes myself now too!
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

brian

Post by brian » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 am

Guitar Slim Jr. wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 am
Hey Brian! Did they nix the forum at GS? I visited there recently and couldn't find it...
yeah, sadly it's no longer....

but its nice seeing you around these
parts again! :okok:
if at first you don't succeed try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

Guitar Slim Jr.

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:29 am

brian wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 am
Guitar Slim Jr. wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 am
yeah, sadly it's no longer....

but its nice seeing you around these
parts again! :okok:
Same here, brother...

Return to “Introduce yourself”