Hello from Montreal!

Skhashram

Hello from Montreal!

Post by Skhashram » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 am

My name is Shadi, I have been a guitarist (several styles since 25years)

As a kid I self taught myself by playing Iron maiden, Sabbath & Slayer and so on..

I did my bachelors in music (major in guitar) in Jordan and graduated in 2002, and I've been teaching since 2000.
I kept playing and performing rock, latin and then jazz but I have abandoned classical performance after graduating unfortunately :(

After I moved to Montreal and got to see few performances and meet several classical guitarist, I realized how much I missed in those 15 years!
So I started to go back to practicing and playing my old pieces, one year later I applied for masters at McGill (classical guitar performance masters)
and done my audition and got accepted. Starting in September :D

:merci:

oski79

Re: Hello from Montreal!

Post by oski79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:32 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

rguitar

Re: Hello from Montreal!

Post by rguitar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:38 am

Hello Shadi,

Congrats on being accepted to McGill. I was a student there back in the 80's. Who is teaching guitar there now?

Ross

Return to “Introduce yourself”