G'day from Sydney

Heathcliffe Auchinachie

G'day from Sydney

Post by Heathcliffe Auchinachie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 am

G'day,

I'm a classical guitarist living and studying in Sydney, NSW (although originally from a small country town).

I started classical guitar lessons when I was about 10 years old, but prior to that was teaching myself basic chord progressions and would play in church bands and the like. I'm currently in my second year of a music degree majoring in classical guitar performance. I'm also trying to teach guitar, however finding students is proving a bit of a challenge.

In terms of classical guitar music, I love most of the pieces written and try and keep my repertoire as broad as possible. For example, I'm currently working on the Berkeley Sonatina, but am also finishing off a Bach lute suite I started last year and plan to start El Decameron Negro this year. I also play electric guitar, but mainly just jazz improv.

I've lurked around here as an unregistered user for quite some time so thought I might as well join up and make myself part of the community.

oski79

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by oski79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:33 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 am

Welcome Heathcliffe - good to hear of another CG in Sydney

Any public playing?
Put down the bagpipes ...
... and no one gets hurt.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Heathcliffe

Welcome to the forum.