Good day from Toronto!

countrybluespicker

Good day from Toronto!

Post by countrybluespicker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm

A warm hello to all fellow guitarists. A little about me - I've been playing guitar for about 25 years. I learned guitar first as a campfire chord strummer, then moved on to learning how to fingerpick simple folk styles, then country blues and chord melody jazz. Lately as time has gone by, I have found myself increasingly drawn into the orbit of the classical guitar. I have always had a nylon string guitar kicking around the house and have always loved "the sound", but in the last couple years I decided to try to learn how to read music and have been teaching myself using the Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM Canada) Guitar Series. I am presently completing book 2 and previewing book 3. One thing I am really looking forward to is improving my technique and tone. I am really enjoying this music and its seemingly infinite styles, varieties, and challenges. :D

George Crocket

Re: Good day from Toronto!

Post by George Crocket » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello countrybluespicker. Welcome to the forum. People come here from all sorts of backgrounds. You will fit right in. :discussion:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Since you have posted two messages already, you are be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

spanishguitarmusic

Re: Good day from Toronto!

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:47 am

Hello fellow Ontarian and welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading about your background to guitar!

Return to “Introduce yourself”