Hello from Lund, Sweden!

Aleebaan

Hello from Lund, Sweden!

Post by Aleebaan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:37 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Albin and I've been playing guitar on and off since about ninth grade, and played more vigorously for the last two years. I'm constantly struggling with finding time to play as I'm currently pursuing my third year of engineering studies, but since my priorities are slightly skewed i do get to jam at least thirty minutes a day. I am self-taught, and as so many others have used YouTube as my main resource for learning, which I've found sufficient. I started with electric and acoustic since that is the kind of music I primarily listen to (Currently lots of Indie, such as Tallest Man on Earth, and lots of Mumford and Sons, Passenger etc.) but I guess I realized most of my favourite songs were really dull when played on Guitar, and so I looked for something a bit more complex and beautiful, and that's where I first found some classical pieces like Spanish Romance, and progressed to some more complex pieces like Capricho Arabe and Cavatina...

I still haven't played long, so I still have really poor technique, but now with summer break I can give some more time to my playing :) Hope to learn a lot from you guys, seems like a good community :)

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Lund, Sweden!

Post by George Crocket » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am

Hi Albin. Welcome to the forum. Yes, there are many ways to learn to play guitar, but a good teacher is probably the fastest and most reliable way. :D

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Laudiesdad69

Re: Hello from Lund, Sweden!

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:12 am

Welcome, this website is is a valuable source for scores. Also check out forum member Bert. His website has many arrangements as well as many other forum members who have websites. Hope you get a lot of practise this summer.

Scott in Oregon, USA

Return to “Introduce yourself”