Another boring intro...

Johnne Lee

Another boring intro...

Post by Johnne Lee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Greetings and salutations,

I am returning to music after RSI, FD, peripheral neuromas, multiple hand surgeries, 1 year of physiotherapy and 5 additional years of forced inactivity.

I feel as though I were just released from prison.

My prior musical experience includes piano/choir at gun point in church, reeds in HS/college marching and stage bands, classical guitar, jazz guitar and bluegrass banjo.

I am a terrible ensemble player as I have VERY eclectic tastes and am unable to refrain from improvisation on the music of any of the "Killer Bs" (Bach, Basie, Barrios, Berlioz, The Blues, The Beatles and many, many others.)

As I am now a “Madison Square Bedroom” player my weapon of choice is a Yamaha SLG200NW strung with Savarez Alliance Carbon Trebles and Thomastik-Infeld KR116 bass strings. I use V-MODA XS headphones. I may purchase an amp down the road when, or if, I have enough skill to once again jam with my Dearly Beloved - and very talented - Wife who now plays a Roland AE-10 Aerophone. (She is a "Technology Slave"! :D )

I believe technology has had a very positive effect on classical guitar playing in the nearly a decade I’ve been away from playing.

This Forum is a wonderful community with many great resources. I feel fortunate to be a member.

Johnne Lee

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Another boring intro...

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi Johnne,

I can see how you'd be glad to get back into music after all that! Anyway, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty here to interest you. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

portalesman

Re: Another boring intro...

Post by portalesman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Killer B`s you go man tear it up!
Alvarez MC90

Return to “Introduce yourself”