Hello from Minnesota

jtrac

Hello from Minnesota

Post by jtrac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:29 am

Hello! I'm Jan from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I had played guitar for many years, had taken some lessons but then was self taught, and then for some reason just kind of ran out of things to play, kind of burnt out. It's been about 15 years since I played and I want to start up again.

I've played some classical (took lessons) but mostly fingerstyle on both classical and acoustic steel string guitars. A lot of that time was accompanying a singer, but that's not happening again. I just bought a new classical guitar which will be here next week. I'm very excited about it! Now I just need some songs to play, and I'm hoping that I can be gentle with myself, as I know that I quite rusty, my technique most likely has suffered quite a bit, and I wont be near where I was when I stopped playing all those years ago.

Just looking at the string selection is so much different from when I stopped!! So much has changed!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:53 am

Hello Jan,

Welcome to the forum! You'll find plenty plenty of great pieces to play here, both in the Delcamp scores and in the members' own compositions and arrangements. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”