newbee

prettyrubish

newbee

Post by prettyrubish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi, I'm Christopher fro Cornwall in the UK.

Aged 68 I have returned to making an abominable noise (as my wife would have it), on my recently purchased Manuel Rodriguez.

I visited this site to see if could find any advice on an annoying buzz my guitar has on the 4th string, particularly the open D and the higher D on the same string. Luckily I'm pretty sure I've found the problem and will make a post on that page thanking those responsible for pointing me in the right direction.

My username reflects my play completely, but I absolutely love practising, I'm busy trying to learn to play flamenco style tremolo, p,i,a,m,i, and its looking very much like I have a two project in front of me, just cannot get past 62 thumb strokes per minute, still we'll see what we can do, OH, and I have lost the little finger from my left hand, which doesn't help.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: newbee

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Post by Jim Imbur » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello and welcome!

If you consider yourself a beginner at Flamenco, you may want to consider a booklet published by Mel Bay and authored by Mel Agen- Mel Bay's Easy Flamenco Solos. I believe that it is still in print but if not, you should be able to find a copy somewhere. It has some simple exercises and a number of "doable" solos for a beginner.

tormodg

Post by tormodg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:01 am

Welcome!!!
2017 Yngvar Thomassen spruce
1994 Alhambra 6P (cedar, battered, broken and repaired)
+ various steel string and electric guitars

Sold: 2014 Alhambra Linea Profesional (spruce)

Return to “Introduce yourself”