G'day all! New member from South Australia

CJMoka

G'day all! New member from South Australia

Post by CJMoka » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:44 am

Hi there, I'm a 29yo guy from South Australia;

Played acoustic and electric guitar a little back in school but only learned tab or played by ear, and never got good; but a month or so ago, I bought an Almansa 402 cheap, in perfect condition and have decided to learn to read music and play Classical Guitar. Got a hold of several method books so reading and trying to work through them, and am currently trying to find lessons around me but for now am learning through online and written means, so here I am...

I've always loved classical music and attend the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra performances regularly, and am interested to play some CG interpretations of some of my favorite pieces once I get my basic skills up a bit.

I'm a storeman in a busy retail store, so I don't get too much spare time, but what I do I spend on my PS4, or Juggling; but even though I'm a little late to the game, looking to get another skill into my life and reading music, learning the musical theory, and playing CG seems like a great idea.

Cheers,
CJMoka

oski79

Re: G'day all! New member from South Australia

Post by oski79 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:20 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

petermc61

Re: G'day all! New member from South Australia

Post by petermc61 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:42 am

Welcome to the forum CJMoka.

Regards
Peter (Sydney)

Return to “Introduce yourself”