Hello Everybody! (Introduction)

jpyerby

Hello Everybody! (Introduction)

Post by jpyerby » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Greetings from Seattle, my name is Jon and I am a classical guitarist!

I started playing when I was 10 (electric/acoustic) and discovered classical guitar at age 15. I have now been playing classical guitar for 20 years. I began my studies with a local teacher, Elario Lozano, and went on to study with Tom Johnson at UNT. After 2 years transferred to UT Austin to finish my Bachelors degree with Adam Holzman. On to New England Conservatory to do my Masters with Eliot Fisk. Round 3, the doctorate was with Bruce Holzman at FSU. I now perform internationally (when the opportunity comes around) and more so domestically. I perform, teach (in person and online) and work at Rosewood Guitar in Seattle. Nice to meet everyone!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello Everybody! (Introduction)

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions.

By the way, I needed to remove your website link, as links to commercial sites (those with online shopping icons) are not allowed in posts, but you can put it in your profile, in the website field of this page, and then members will be able to access it via the contact icon below your username.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

spanishguitarmusic

Re: Hello Everybody! (Introduction)

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:23 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”