My introduction

Roy Cohen

My introduction

Post by Roy Cohen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello,
My name is Roy from Tel Aviv Israel.
I play on classical guitar since i was 12 years old and learned in the conservatory for 6 years.
i have a long gap cause when i was in my 20's years i was busy on the rock and electronic genres cause i didn't have much information about what i can do with the classical genre.
anyway, i always used to listening classical music but this year i was fell in love totally with the classical music and i cannot hear something else. no rock, no jazz, nothing... I decided to focus and dedicate my life in my age (36) to study classical music only.

i go to the philharmonic orchestra in Israel 3 times at month, i read biographies of my beloved and sublime composers as: Handel, Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Tchaikovsky and so on...
as wall i started to read books and poetry wrote by Goethe, Schiller, Shakespeare- trying to understand even a little bit more about their majestic world.
On these days im working on pieces like this (transcribed for classical guitar): Handel- Passacaglia, Bach - Air on G (in D) and more pieces by bach - Chopin - Vals op 64- 2 Em, Nocturne Transcribed by Tarrega, Beethoven - Adagio from pathetique Sonata (By Tarrega, Moonlight sonata, Fur Ellise, Fernando Sor- Malborough s'en va t'en guerre, Schubert - lob der tränen - Villa Lobos - Etude no 1 for now and more...

I hope to get more knowledge and wisdom from this forum, as well, to find interesting transcriptions and pieces (i'm sure about it).

Greetings,
Roy

oski79

Re: My introduction

Post by oski79 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Roy Cohen

Post by Roy Cohen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Thank you Oski and everyone. i'm very excited to be a part of this forum!
Now i have work to do and read the pages, rules, topics etc... :)

KBell

Post by KBell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm

welcome Roy

nompanem

Post by nompanem » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 am

Welcome! I loved what you said about reading literature to immerse yourself in the world from which the music sprang

Yisrael van Handel

Post by Yisrael van Handel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Roy Cohen wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm
Hello,
My name is Roy from Tel Aviv Israel.
<snip>
On these days im working on pieces like this (transcribed for classical guitar): Handel- Passacaglia, Bach - Air on G (in D) and more pieces by bach - Chopin - Vals op 64- 2 Em, Nocturne Transcribed by Tarrega, Beethoven - Adagio from pathetique Sonata (By Tarrega, Moonlight sonata, Fur Ellise, Fernando Sor- Malborough s'en va t'en guerre, Schubert - lob der tränen - Villa Lobos - Etude no 1 for now and more...
<snip>
Hi, Roy.
Question: where do you get the time to work on so many pieces? I go to Tel Aviv to work every day. Between travel and the work itself, that already leaves almost no time for playing the guitar, much less studying large works seriously. Of course, you live in Tel Aviv, so it cuts down commuting time. But still, your music schedule sounds like it should take half the day. Where do you find the time?
Yisrael van Handel
Modi'in Ilit, Israel

Roy Cohen

Post by Roy Cohen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

Hello Yisrael,
I started to play when i was 12 years old and since i was 20 i decided to focus on different genres as: rock and electronic and it took all my time.
now in my age 36, i decided that classical musical is my real love and that's all i want to play and study.
My daily job is near my home - 10 min and i don't have kids (only a girlfriend for now).
I live in my own small world and i hang out only for events that can enrich me as a classical concert or other art concept that i find it useful for me.
sometimes i learn to play 8 hours and sometimes 2 hours.
I must to find time to practice my ear and play a little bit on a piano because i want to learn composition.
I think when you know the pieces and heard them a lot so it becomes a little bit less harder to practice.
If you would be interesting to meet me when you are in Tel Aviv then you more than welcome Yisrael.

Roy Cohen

Post by Roy Cohen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am

KBell wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm
welcome Roy
Thank you Kbell! :-)

Roy Cohen

Post by Roy Cohen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 am

nompanem wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 am
Welcome! I loved what you said about reading literature to immerse yourself in the world from which the music sprang
Thanks a lot nompanem and i'm happy you loved the idea as well.

Return to “Introduce yourself”