Hello From Utah & Illinois, USA

ElRay

Hello From Utah & Illinois, USA

Post by ElRay » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:45 am

Live in Illinois, currently on contract work in Utah.

Lacking creativity today, so just the facts:

1) Do you play guitar? Are you a lover of guitar music, but don't play yourself? Are you a Luthier?
I do play, not well, but I play. Not a luthier, but modifying what guitars I do have to have wider necks, so everything has almost the same Classical/Fingerstyle spacing at the nut.

2) How long have you played? What is your experience? How old (young) were you when you started? Or did you just start last week?
I've started and restarted many times over the past 20 years as life has gotten in and out of the way. In fact, this is a re-opening of my account that was delete due to inactivity after spending a year in Afghanistan.

3) Do you take lessons? Or are you self-taught? Are you a teacher of Classical Guitar?
Currently no lessons, I have in the past. Best time was lessons with my daughter.

4) Did you start with another type of guitar or musical instrument, and then discover the Classical Guitar?
Clarinet in grade school. 'nuf said.

5) What type of music are you particularly interested in? What pieces are you currently working on?
Primarily Fingerstyle Blues and classical pieces, but not as a Classical Guitarist, and pieces I like, not the "standard" repertoire. Currently on a Stride/Ragtime kick.

6) Do you have a large gap in your life when you stopped playing the guitar?
Yes, many.

7) And so on! Anything that you wish to share with us will be much appreciated.
Wannbe Theory Geek with a penchant for chromatic notations. Rhythmically challenged, but drawn to the more rhythmically complex pieces. Sometimes think I should call myself a frustrated drummer that plays guitar.

oski79

Re: Hello From Utah & Illinois, USA

Post by oski79 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:15 pm

If you're in Salt Lake City on August 11/12:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=113118
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

ElRay

Post by ElRay » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 am

Thanks. I'll check-out the web site.

I don't have my travel schedule that far out, but if I'm in town, I will do what I can to be there.

Ray

FHC

Post by FHC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 am

Welcome Ray. Liked your introduction.

Return to “Introduce yourself”